Two POP Questions

catchyid

Hi,

1) In order to emit particles from another particles, I created two POP Solvers (pls, see attached), and made the second POP source use the first POP Object. Although it's working, I am thinking: is this the right way to do it? is there an easier way to do that just using one POP solver instead of two? I've watched couple tutorials and I've seen other artists create POP networks inside SOP Objects instead of doing everything in DOP network, is this better?

2) In order the color the particles from each source (i.e. to distinguish "original" particles from their children), I've inserted POP color node after each POP Source (pls, see attached), however, they are displayed in the viewport with the same color? i.e. I use green and red colors but in the viewport I get blue particles?

UPDATE: Once I moved up to object view network, I got the colors! Inside the DOP network, I see some colors only!? 

Thanks,

pop_questions.png

Edited by catchyid
Update

Pop networks are simple dop networks as well. And if you do it at sop level or at obj level is more a personal preference. In sop level you can connect something to the inputs an reference these inputs in the dop network. I personally prefer to do it in a separate dop network in object level.

To emit particles from other particles, you can use the pop replicate node. Have a look at the fireworks shelf or fireworks node in dops, there is is used to create the trails for the rockets or the blasts as soon as particles die.

• Like 1