Pyro Question

catchyid

Hi,

In a Source Volume DOP there are two similar panes : "Volume Operation" and "SOP to DOP Bindings" (please see attached). I am wondering, what is the difference between them? It seems that both copy some fields from Fluid Source SOP to pyro simulation?

Thanks,

source volume.png

I believe, SOP to DOP bindings is what takes the name of your 'density' parameter from the SOP and interpolates it into the density of your source volume - so if you had a parameter named something other than density you wanted to use as the density OR wanted to use your vel or temperature for density you would replace the name as suits. 

(source volume - vel) add to field (density) for example to pump vel into density - This is my understanding and i could be wrong so apologies if so 

• Like 1

As Chris said, you use it to bind your SOP source to the fields. Or remap them. So you could use your density as temperature field or add a second Source Volume and add density to the divergence field for example. The Volume Operation describes how your source is added every timestep. You could easily check if you turn your Source Volume to copy instead of add and notice that your volume gets replaced every frame. This could be useful for example if you don't want your incoming velocity to add up each frame (but be aware that all your velocity will be replaced when using copy).

• Like 1