L-system Stamping

hey everybody,

i'm having issues with stamping and l-systems... i'm not having any problems with the actual stamping itself.. that works fine.. the problem is i can't seem to write J(s,x,a,b,c) without s (scale) overriding my step size and step size scale.

i thought if you just write J(,,1) it would return 1 for Leaf Param A and just leave the scaling alone, but that's not the case. it's actually returning J(0,0,0).. so my leaf is scaling down to nothing.

so ok, just make it J(1,0,1) and that should fix it right? well nope because my step size scale is not being taken into account. I just get the same size leaf throughout the l-system.

as a workaround I have J(t*.1,0,1) in order to get closely back to look i had before and implementing a "step size scale" based on the iteration count. and i know there are plenty of other ways to work around this (color ramps, doing copy after the l-system, etc).. but i'm just wondering this: is there any way to write the input to have stamping and just keep the scaling to your step size and step size scale parameters and not have it override it at all?

thanks in advance,

dave