Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
revelationsr

Copy stamp for Chops

Hi there.

I have a sphere. I have put several points on there with scatter points. I have copy stamped a sphere onto those points.

I would like to have those sphere change in scale on rare occasion. Kind of like vibrating but in scale. How can I go about setting up a "vibrating" animation and then have that animation randomly execute on a random sphere from time to time?

If I am not mistaken I need to use copy in chops. But I cant seem to find a good tutorial on this. Any idea where I can find one. Unless I am heading in the wrong direction on this.

Cheers

You can just create and manipulate the pscale attribute for the template points.

35 minutes ago, judnas said:

You can just create and manipulate the pscale attribute for the template points.

Sorry man. I dont know what "template points" mean. Still new.

I don't think you need to use chops you could use chops 

With chops I particularly find it a bit roundabout, but it goes like this:

Initial setup with a transform sop that will control the scale:

P4UkwPI.png

A simple chops noise makes it go like this

https://i.imgur.com/SRrT3RX.gifv

But now you want to modulate by the pointnumber, afaik you need a single channel for every ball which calls for a copy node. Here I'm using a expression to create a channel for each point from 0 to the number of points in the pointsfrmovolume1 node. Then I'm using a simple stamp function to vary the seed of the noise (it's hard to see but each curve is different)

wCvcvv2.png

Now, using a chop expression you can bring it into sops. Note the $PT

W4xbhcY.png

After this a simple stamp function in the transform node and that's it. Each sphere has its own curve, which means you can do whatever you want with it.

https://i.imgur.com/V4lZkd2.gifv

This might be a old work flow, I'm not sure

2 people like this