Transforming user attributes in Copy SOP

Is there a way to transform other attributes in the way that the @P and @N attributes get transformed when I use the Transform or copy SOPS?

I have a bunch of user attribs that i'd like to be transformed through the copy SOP. I can find hacky ways to update them, but i'm hoping there's a way I can make them just work.

Thanks!

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not sure I understand this node and there are no example files in the help card.

In this scene, I've created an attribute on a point, vector_to_transform. But when I update the pos in the deformation wrangle it doesn't change by the same amount.

Also I'd have no idea how to compute rotation in this node.

transform_attributes.hiplc

Sorry if I misled you before, but after second thought I realized Attribute Reorient is perhaps easier method if you already have transformed geometry. That is if I understand your problem...

Deformation Wrangler is another option though. In the attached scene, I don't touch your attribute, I only rotate geometry based on template orientation (like copySOP does), but vector_to_transform magically follows this transformation. Is it the result you were after?

transform_attributes_skk.hiplc

• Like 1