HOUDINI_PATHMAP problem on Mantra node

jackyu00

Hi all,
I tried to defined HOUDINI_PATHMAP variable in houdini.env to map file-path from windows to Linux.
Everything work just fine, all the external files like texture/geo cache files are loaded correctly in Linux.
But when I render my Mantra node to output images, I got error message it said "the directory doesn't exist"
Seems like the path-mapping doesn't work on Mantra node, am I doing anything wrong or I need extra setting?Thanks.
Here is my setting :
HOUDINI_PATHMAP={"X:": "/X"}

I'm guessing that the directory creation code doesn't work with HOUDINI_PATHMAP. Maybe submit a bug/RFE? I'm guessing it's trying to create the parent directory because you have Create Intermediate Directories enabled on the Mantra ROP. You can also try turning that off and ensuring that your destination directory /X/whatever exists first.

• 1 year later...

We are having similar problem. We are using a mixed environment with Win10 workstations and a linux rendernode.
It seems like the HOUDINI_PATHMAP doesn't pick up all paths even when using fullpaths instead of $JOB or $HIP

Thinkbox Deadline support even suggested never using $JOB, according to them its not affected by HOUDINI_PATHMAP.

It would be great to know how to work with pathmapping in mixed environments in a streamlined way.
Using fullpaths on all nodes isn't really a clean thing.

Do we need a pre-submission script to get this to run?