Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alessandro

P_world

hi 

hi try to put the p_world pass in houdini,but i have the problem with this,

if you look the render the pworld change the color,so i can use in nuke because the matte change from the first frame to the last

can you help me ?

thanks

pmatte.hip

it changes colors because its going from negativ to positive values...should work in nuke.

Btw. there is no need to change the shader in your case. Just tick on "Shading Position" in the Extra Image Planes Tab in your ROP.

Thanks  Jon

Can you explain my how ?sorry i m new entry on houdini

3 hours ago, alessandro said:

unfortunately if change the color change the alpha on Nuke

hm...either it´s your english or my ( quite possible ) but I don´t get your problem at all. The alpha has nothing to do with this so far. 

You can use the position pass to get the world position of each pixel. Inspect each channel (r,g,b) of this layer in nuke by its own. This gives you some clarity I think. ( be aware of that some pixel of the image will be just black because they have negative values ) 

Jon

Edited by jon3de

I will respond later more in detail because I am on the move. I had a quick glance at you link. I think you can store the @P in a custom attribute e.g. "@Pref" at the beginning of your animation and use this in your render element. The values will stick to the object now.  Or export the @Prest attribute from vops with a relative to bounding box VOP. Gives you more fitting values straight out of mantra. Should work. I  can do an example file later if there should´t already be one :) 

kind regards

Thats at least how I would have done it. Dont know if its the best or fastest method. Create attribute from relbounding box and use the values in extra image plane. 

pRest.gif

pRest.jpg

pRest.hiplc

Edited by jon3de

Hi Jon 

thanks for your time,

i have this error when open your script

i cant see the render just the beauty,

alessandrovfx@gmail.com this is my email if you have time

thanks  

error.png