Custom Agent to Crowd simulate/populate

edb

Hi all, first post ever on odforce....

I've imported an FBX into Houdini. It's an ant with a walkcycle on-the-spot, done in C4D. Having six legs doesn't help with the foot placement setup etc but i was able to bake the agent fine.

I was able to populate an object perfectly well but my issue is this: what aspect of the crowdsource is responsible for locomotion? The ants came in static. The default mocap characters walk fine, but even in their agent geo I wasn't able to see anything translating on Z over time.

How do I make these ants move?

You are one step away, I believe. Once you have a crowsource node, the next step is to select it and click the Simulate button. This will create a crowdsolver, which controls the locomotion. Typically you want your source animation to walk-in-place, then the crowdsolver will control the speed and gait.

I have a short video tutorial on how to manually setup a crowd system to emulate a relay race. Perhaps there are some tips in there to help you out?

• Like 1