FLIP and Redshift

On the particle surface node change the Convert To Surface Polygons. Redshift can not render a polygon soup. Go up one level and turn off Volume Rendering, the fluid is now polygons so you don't need that.

Edited by Atom
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hey Atom.

I've been working on my flip sim 'ocean guided later' flip for a while. I'm trying to render it in redshift. I also heard varomix say this. I do exactly this but my flips are still rendering all white in redshift. I changed the particle fluid surface outpot convert to 'Suface Polygons and turned off the 'volume rendering' and it still doesn't work. I wonder if I'm missing something.

I even tried to bake an ocean evaluate from the ''guidedoceanlayer_fluid_extended' node and tried to assign it but still nothing.

Can you take a look at my scene and let me know if I'm missing something?

MIX_RS_lights__TUT_v02_test.hiplc

Redshift renders all white when it has no material assigned, white is the default material.

You can't use Mantra based shaders when leveraging Redshift. Create some Redshift material, and apply it to your surface.

Hey Atom. 

I baked the mantra ocean uv spectra and assigned it and displaced it to a redshift shader and assigned the 'ocean surface' node to render with the newly assigned redshift shader that has the mantra displacement and I'm still not getting anything to come up on my oceans. I also enabled the Tessellation and Displacement. I've been working on this for days and tried so many things and can't get it to go. 

Would you be kind enough to take a look at my scene and see if you can spot what's gone wrong?

I really appreaciate your help! 

P

SmallOceanTestv02.hiplc

• 3 years later...
On 4/19/2017 at 7:51 AM, Atom said:

On the particle surface node change the Convert To Surface Polygons. Redshift can not render a polygon soup. Go up one level and turn off Volume Rendering, the fluid is now polygons so you don't need that.

Thanks a lot! Finally fixed my flat tank fluid disappear issue in Redshift. Save me tons of time.