Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hi

I am trying to create a Heightfield Terrain with a single Hi-Res tile closest to the camera and as it is Houdini do this in a procedural way so that the tile can be changed dynamically, maybe linked to the camera.  I am investigating doing this through a 'for each loop' but if there is an easier way I would love to know.  The crop tool and the tile tools seem to be lacking an inverse toggle?  I have probably missed something simple but if I work it out first I'll post the file for others anyway.  It seems to me to be a useful workflow technique.

Ignore me...

I just noticed the 'tile' attribute..  just blast away the Low-Res and merge back together the HiRes with the tile splice.  That's why I never post on forums!

Posting on forums after hours of unfruitful attempts is the best way to find an answer 2 minutes later by figuring the perfect search keywords or something like that. You shouldn't deny the power of this method.

1 person likes this