cloth (fem) solver + bullet solver interactions question.

hi, i have a question,  im to lazy to post a file because my set up is so fat and messy right now,  but  basically  i have a cloth (fem)  simulation with a sop solver with some vex driving some atributes like pintoanimation,  and i have another bullet solver simulation with another sop solver passing some attributes via transfer attributes sop,  

they are merged with mutual interaction, and then influenced by wind and gravity dop,  

the set up is giving very wrong results,  but i think is kinda logical because there are two diferent dop objects trying to interact and controled by two diferent sop solvers. 

so my question, is...  

how can you deal with two simulation objects ( cloth and rbd object)  that are influenced by two diferent sop solvers??  

is there any example out there? or some directions?

ohhh i found the answer,  the problem was something that houdini itself warns you about,  you cant merge diferent solvers with packed primitives, it just goes wrong,   but i bet that everybody wants  the best of two worlds,  fast simulations from packed primitives with diferent solvers working fine together,  so... i think that sesi should work on that.  :)   

cloth_rbd_interaction_fix.hip

Edited by dyei nightmare
  • Like 1