Flux. Modeling with soft blended boolean operations

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is really cool. I see you looking at what's going on in the Modo, Blender & Maya communities and creating tools similar to those that pop up there and adding to your toolkit. Which is really welcome, keep going! I want to see this become a widely-used product and/or inspiration for more and better modeling tools for Houdini.

Just please please please get it into the hands of people as soon as possible and gather feedback from diverse users so that you have an easier time tweaking the tool into something that's intuitive for pretty much anyone that tries to use it.

Price is quite steep. Of course you're putting a lot of work into it and what you're doing is valuable and not easy, but I believe many people will be turned off if you keep upping the price tag. Especially for Indie users adding another 50%+ to the price of the software is probably not super attractive. But you know your audience best, if enough people bought 1.0 maybe it's justified.

Anyway... I need to try Flux before I ramble more.

Edited by gwantoo
tone

The main problem about the price is that Flux 1.0 != Flux 2.0. Flux 2.0 based on my another toolkit Modeler with its modeling tools. Unlike 1.0 Flux 2.0 is not soft boolean node only. Current flux toolkit working name is "Modeler. Core" :) And new flux still have tools that are not shown in my videos

Edited by Alexey Vanzhula

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I have just bought your cool asset. Just 15 minutes of test.

Exz6hbs.png

5HtSGuQ.png

Could you please add Groups support as in Booleans node? So that we could make Booleans only for some parts of mesh.

I mean this:

vM0QMrT.png

Also, I cannot find Modeler panel. As in your videos. I have installed flux.hda. But no Modeller panel. :(

10 hours ago, mifth said:

Hi!

I have just bought your cool asset. Just 15 minutes of test.

Exz6hbs.png

5HtSGuQ.png

Could you please add Groups support as in Booleans node? So that we could make Booleans only for some parts of mesh.

I mean this:

vM0QMrT.png

Also, I cannot find Modeler panel. As in your videos. I have installed flux.hda. But no Modeller panel. :(

1. Nice test.

2. You will see Modeler Shelves when Modeler 1.0 will be available. As Gumroad customer you will get free update from Flux 1.0 to Modeler 1.0. Modeler is a modeling toolkit for H16, but also has Flux 2.0 as one of hard surface tools. Details in release video. Coming very soon

3. I will add groups in next update

https://gumroad.com/l/bIpqU

Edited by Alexey Vanzhula

Thanks a lot. I'll wait for the update.

Another question:

Could you add Shatter Mode for the Flux Node, please? So that we could boolean the mesh inside one object.

Here is my example video how I use Shatter with standard booleans. I do it all in one object. I also attached my hip file.

temp1.hiplc