object velocity into a fluid

Hi !

I did a water simulation with houdini 16.

I create a source volume for my sphere to add after the velocity with a source volume in the DOPNetwork. 

It's working. But my problem it's the visualization. When I increase my resolution we can see the pattern of the velocity * plane * 

This plane come to the source volume velocity. I just want to break this shape. I just want a vel follow my initial shape * my sphere* and do not a plane or cube.

So if someone can help me :) 

Thank you !

vel_cube_visualization.PNG

vel_cube_visualization_v02.PNG

When you add velocity in that add velocity field, it's adding velocity to the container, hence the look. If you want only in the mesh, add a v attribute with a wrangles before transforming into a fluid and source from that. Alternatively you can add mask the velocity inside the dop

But just to be clear, even if you do that, the field will be square-ish, it's just that it will be zero'd in the area there has no geo

Check attached 

square_vel_odf.hip

You can setup either way, however, usually working with points is easier than working with volumes IMO, so personally I would set up before. If setup in the fluid source, you'll need to mask it again to avoid the problem you're having to begin with