kefex

HDK equivalent to VEX primhedge? How to find edge-neighbours of face prim?

If I have a face primitive, how do I find the faces which share an edge with the face? I don't seem to be able to find a function in GEO_HedgeInterface which will do this.

And GU_Detail::buildRingZeroPrimitives appears to return all faces which share a point with the face in question, which is not what I need.

In VEX, I've done this in a attribute wrangle which runs over primitives by calling primhedge(), which gives me a half-edge in the face, which I can then use to circulate around the face and query for edge neighbours.

Any help immensely appreciated!

~Kevin

take a look a GEO_Closure. or, if you're using GEO_HedgeInterface just get prim edges from vertices and next find prims which are sharing these edge. HERE is an example to a somewhat similar problem ...

hth.

petz

Edited by petz

13 hours ago, petz said:

take a look a GEO_Closure. or, if you're using GEO_HedgeInterface just get prim edges from vertices and next find prims which are sharing these edge. HERE is an example to a somewhat similar problem ...

hth.

petz

Ah, so if I have a face primitive, take two consecutive points on the prim and pass them to findHedgeWithEndPts, use that half-edge. Thanks for that, petz!