scattering, using foreach and compiled blocks issue

Hello,

I have just made and compared two small test setups where I scatter objects via copying them onto points. I am comparing the newer method of using a foreach and compiled blocks with the older way of copy stamping, because I thought the new method would be so much faster. But somehow it isn't… So now I wonder why that is? Would somebody be so kind to have a look at the setup I made and tell me if I have done everything correctly, or if there is a better way to achieve what I want?

Cheers,

Doug

scattering_issue_v002.hipnc

Edited by Baldric

Hey,

For this to work, you need to fix the expression dependencies in the group parameter for the delete SOP with spare inputs for the compile block to work correctly

Cheers,

Alejandro

Edited by Pazuzu

Thanks the link aguywhoneverleaveswor

Will definitely look into that

@ Pazuzu: Also thanks for the reply. I am sure you are right, but can you be a bit more specific? I do reference the iteration with a spare input, but I take it that you mean that I need to reference more, right? What else is missing? This is the first time I am seriously looking into this.

Your replies are appreciated! 

Cheers,

Doug

You are using a custom expression in the group parameter of the delete sop to filter each piece; So you must edit that expression using spare inputs for the dependencies to work correctly in a compile block.

Cheers,

Alejandro