Flip jittering and meshing problem

mosssi

Hi guys. I'm trying to achieve a covering cream effect with Houdini flip and I have two issues here. As you can see in the hip file I used a Pop Attract DOP in my simulation. One of my problem is though I append a Drag DOP the flip particles won't stop in a smooth fashion and it jitters all the way to the end. Also when I mesh my sim I can't prevent my flip to build random holes. Can you help me to fix those problems please.

AttractingFlip.hip

Hi Mossi,

Flickering:

Looks like you are a using a lot of filtering on your flip fluid to get the detail you want. Try turning all that off on your meshing - it should stop flickering then.Try reducing the particle separation in your Flip sim. This should allow you to create a more detailed point cloud. You shouldn't need so much filtering then and the filtering you do need should be more stable.

Sticking to surface:

You might need a sop solver to force them to stick. The other option is a nasty post sim SOP approach. 

11 minutes ago, snoot said:

Looks like you are a using a lot of filtering on your flip fluid to get the detail you want. Try turning all that off on your meshing - it should stop flickering then.Try reducing the particle separation in your Flip sim. This should allow you to create a more detailed point cloud. You shouldn't need so much filtering then and the filtering you do need should be more stable.

You might need a sop solver to force them to stick. The other option is a nasty post sim SOP approach. 

Hey snoot,

I tried turn filtering off but my mesh is still flickering and holes appears in random places, so I guess it's not the problem here. but about sop solver you may be right. I will add a wrangle and set the force of particles that are close enough to their final position to zero.

If you have any other idea about achieving a smooth mesh I will happily hear. Thank you

Hmmm...

What are you meshing with?

A denser point cloud should help you out... creating more information to derive the surface.

You could try creating a "vdb from particles" node, and then filtering using the vdb tools. It can give your more control especially in small scale effects like the one you are trying to achieve.