Ragdolls explode

MAYA_

When my ragdoll state is triggered, my agents mesh explodes and breaks in the simulation in very disturbing ways. When setting up my collision layers and testing it outside of the dopnet, it seems to work fine. Does anyone have an idea why this is and what I have done wrong. I am using FBXs, but when testing with the Mocap characters from Houdini, it works fine. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

5 hours ago, cwhite said:

If you've used the ragdoll test sim asset and it behaves fine, I'd first check that the animation clip on the crowd state is valid (if you're doing a partial ragdoll or motor-driven ragdoll)

Hey :) thank you so much for reply. Yeah that's what I did and its fine. I'm not doing a partial ragdoll but I am not sure what a motor driven ragdoll is? I'm just trying to trigger the state. I've also tried to just set the ragdoll state to active in the normal walkstate (the walk is fine) but it always breaks. 

1 hour ago, cwhite said:

What do you see if you turn on guide geometry for the crowd object to see the rigid bodies? Does it look like the constraints aren't active (e.g. the bodies just fall apart), or is the ragdoll blowing up?

Nothing, it is not displaying any guide geometry. That is weird, is there anything I missed setting it up?

I built the collision layer and then I configured the joints, is there anything else I got to do?

• 1 year later...

Hi, there was a similar situation, the character's legs fell off during the test simulation, the problem turned out to be exactly in the collision layer. but there was another problem, the bones fall normally, but the skin starts to work incorrectly. 

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.8a310522be2fcf0f05e36ffb438ef4ec.pngScreenshot_2.thumb.png.ede45478ec047dffe0b793ab83cdefab.png

There are no such problems with standard Houdini characters. although rig is very similar..