Air 4.0

The raytracing itself is pretty fast. What makes it even better is a good caching system. You can render a seed file which can be reused. There's also a prepass option which will render an image in two passes. The prepass will render the indirect light information at lower samples that will get used in the second pass. The lower samples get 'smoothed' out on the second pass so it's faster than rendering the image in one go with high sampling. The moving objects get tagged so only the areas that need to be recomputed get raytraced. I've only used it for a short while but it seemed pretty good. Haven't used MR so can't comment on speed differences.

What about AIR shaders for houdini? Do they support us with some useful goods for fast, day to day work?

Is it possible to create shaders without knowing programming stuff?

I'd like to know if it would be suitable for a freelancer or a small studio.

Unfortunately I can't check it out for myself using apprentice, but If it appeared good I consider purchasing render plus.

It comes with some assorted shaders for general usage. AIR also includes VShade which is pretty much like vops in houdini so you can use that if you don't want to code anything. You can download demo of AIR and check out the examples and docs to see if it meets your needs.