Mixing Pyro Colors

Hi,

I have been working to create a pyro simulation with multiple colors. I did this by giving my particles different colors then in my fluid source node use the attribute Cd in velocity volumes. I use that as a vector field in dops. This method works, but if I want to change the color I have to re-sim the whole thing. Is there anyway to modify the Cd attribute colors after the simulation? I just seems like there must be an easier/better way to get multiple colors in a pyro simulation. It seems like I should be able to set to colors like red and blue and simulate that. Then at render I can modify the Cd colors to what I need. Or is re simulation something that just needs to be done? It just doesn't seem art direct-able if I have to re sim every time I need to fix the colors.

thanks in advance.

explosion.hiplc

You don't need to re-sim, but you would need to remap your existing colors from your Cd field to other colors inside the volume shader you're using to render, then connect the result of that operation to your volume shader's smoke color. This would be easier to handle if your initial colors were RGB primaries.

Since you're sourcing from particles, if you have a version of your particle simulation that doesn't kill off the particle trails, you could cache it to disk and then use point cloud functions to pull Cd directly from those points, then use that as your smoke color.

• Thanks 1