8.0 / 8.1 / Otl

I have an object level OTL created in H7/8. Inside the sop level i have an addSOP. Some of the pt attributes have channel aliases. Loading this OTL in H8.1 is fine, but at the moment i try to create the node and H spits out error message: Overlaping key(s) in /path/to/your/add/ptNx, where N is the index of the channel.

Any idea why ?

Seems to me that everything works fine even the error messages, but would be good to know why this happens. Is that because the aliases ?

Another little thing:

What is the right way to embed OTL in OTL ?

I have a shader wrapped in OTL, i want to use this guy inside another OTL.

I am creating a shopnet inside the other OTL and laying down there the shader OTL, "save operator type". Starting new H session loading the other OTL, creating the node and there is no shader OTL neither shopnet anymore.

I have an object level OTL created in H7/8. Inside the sop level i have an addSOP. Some of the pt attributes have channel aliases. Loading this OTL in H8.1 is fine, but at the moment i try to create the node and H spits out error message: Overlaping key(s) in /path/to/your/add/ptNx, where N is the index of the channel.

Any idea why ?

Seems to me that everything works fine even the error messages, but would be good to know why this happens. Is that because the aliases ?

oh yeah .. i have the same error message... mostly complaining about createattribute SOP which creates a 'diff' attribute on different pimitives...

Another little thing:

What is the right way to embed OTL in OTL ?

I have a shader wrapped in OTL, i want to use this guy inside another OTL.

I am creating a shopnet inside the other OTL and laying down there the shader OTL, "save operator type". Starting new H session loading the other OTL, creating the node and there is no shader OTL neither shopnet anymore.

I'm quiet new to OTL yet :) .. and i'm enjoying 'em so much .. hope anybody can help you.

cheers

There were some bugs in some H8.0 builds where overlapping keys could be created. If it's just expressions, the safest thing to do is to recreate the channel in H8.1 (or grab the latest H8.0 build) and resave.