Cg Spheres

I'm following that link since it came out around 2months ago ... and I also wanted to make one ... but then a buzy months arrived (reel to be done in 2 weeks... and ... well.. wont tell ya yet :P) ... then holidays... but now there's so many awesome spheres out there... is hard ot make one nicer :) ... but I'm still looking to have some time and try to make one..

Wow. there are some remarkable entries in there. The mantra crew have their work cut out for them. :)

edit: FYI don't do a search for "balls" on the internet. If anyone needs me I'll be washing my eyes out with paint thinner and fire.

There certainly are quite a few great entries in there, I agree. You might wonder how much of the image is rendered in a single pass, however, since it's clear in the rules that you can comp and paint the heck out of it. Some of those "advanced techniques" (subsurface, radiosity, DOF, etc) could very well be painted in there in a few minutes instead. It would be so much more interesting to me if there was a camera move, or perhaps the sphere had to rotate over 100 frames or something.. which would make painting much harder but comping still possible.

Gonna give it a shot, Stu?

All my circuits are yours, Sark.*

Cheers,

Jason

* obscure TRON reference

There certainly are quite a few great entries in there, I agree. You might wonder how much of the image is rendered in a single pass, however, since it's clear in the rules that you can comp and paint the heck out of it. Some of those "advanced techniques" (subsurface, radiosity, DOF, etc) could very well be painted in there in a few minutes instead. It would be so much more interesting to me if there was a camera move, or perhaps the sphere had to rotate over 100 frames or something.. which would make painting much harder but comping still possible.

Gonna give it a shot, Stu?

All my circuits are yours, Sark.*

Cheers,

Jason

* obscure TRON reference

I noticed someone had made a lego sphere already but its a bit dull, i bet Stu can do better...

i was also thinking about movement - nothing I noticed used motion blur - it can still be a still and yet be moving!

I noticed someone had made a lego sphere already but its a bit dull, i bet Stu can do better...

i was also thinking about movement - nothing I noticed used motion blur - it can still be a still and yet be moving!

Stu's death star panels could well fit into a Death Star ball.

A fireball?

A misty-fog ball?

1000-Eyes beast?

:lol: