Particles

Hello.

i've got particles birthing of a grid the number of particles are worked out from the number of points on the grid. i'm using these particles to instance trees on to the landscape. at the moment they randomly place them selfs on the surface.

so the question is can i make them a spread them selfs out so that your are a curtain distance apart. this is because at the moment two/more could be real close together so when it renders the trees are to close and some areas the trees are sparce. i think all i need is a pop that redistrabutes randomly but evenly/slightly different from each other.

the other thing is has any one got any ideas what i could do to the ground to make it look more foresty. it sounds a stupidly easy question apart from the whole thing's gineric so it has to have a green grass texture that has to somehow be modifyed under the trees accourding to a attribute or the particle system.

cheers bren

arctor i've tryed something similar but it didn't look that good i was probably doing it wrong could you give me a bit of a better idea of how to do it.

anakn78z i'm using grayscale maps to set the value in a custom attribute so is they a way of using this value in the pops so that they birth more i the areas with a greater value.

cheers both of you bren.

i've been playing with it over the weekend and changed it so that you create a attribute were you want the different colour(same a where the particles a birthed from) then i create custom vop that covers the whole scene but under the trees it's darker and browner by changing the rgb values.

when i've finished making it look really nice i will add a hip file and some pics

cheers for the ideas anyway bren