Unable To Link Glcolortablesgi Fedora 8

sam

Hi guys, I just installed the H9 apprentice version on Fedora core 8, I changed my directory to the opt directory sourced houdini setup then typed in houdini. The houdini startup window with the girl on it starts up then on my command line I get the error "unable to link glcolortableSGI" twice and then nothing happens and houdini doesnt start up. Would anyone be able to help with this problem please.

I am on a mac pro 8 core with an nvidia geforce 7300GT running Fedora 8 64bit, trying to run the latest build of the H9 apprentice.

thanks

Sam

Hi guys, I just installed the H9 apprentice version on Fedora core 8, I changed my directory to the opt directory sourced houdini setup then typed in houdini. The houdini startup window with the girl on it starts up then on my command line I get the error "unable to link glcolortableSGI" twice and then nothing happens and houdini doesnt start up. Would anyone be able to help with this problem please.

I am on a mac pro 8 core with an nvidia geforce 7300GT running Fedora 8 64bit, trying to run the latest build of the H9 apprentice.

thanks

Sam

Hi Sam - not sure what might be up here.. hmm... hopefully by the teaser from Rob Magee on the SESI OSX thread you might not have to wait long before an OSX version appears...

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com...&highlight=

Hi Sam - not sure what might be up here.. hmm... hopefully by the teaser from Rob Magee on the SESI OSX thread you might not have to wait long before an OSX version appears...

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com...&highlight=

thanks for the good news jason. I am hoping they do, but would also like to get it working in my 64bit linux, I wonder if the OSX H9 will be 64bit since leopard handles it pretty well now?

Sam