Camel project

ofer

• 1 year later...
cover_cover.jpg

Title: Camel project

The scene was modelled in modo and Houdini. All the rest was done with Houdini.

That looks great Ofer. Can you tell me what materials you used for the rocks and what was used to make them? Were they modeled and then textures applied or was it a script? How were the cracks made? Thanks!

Well, Thanks. It was quite a long time ago, so I am not sure about the materials, but I am almost sure i used only the Super Material. I painted the textures in photoshop using photo references. The road texture is made of several asphalt textures I found and stitched together. I also painted in a few more cracks, and created a displacement map from it.

The "sidewalk" texture is also from a photo. I used the displacement map also as density map for the grass, which used the fur tools.

Well, Thanks. It was quite a long time ago, so I am not sure about the materials, but I am almost sure i used only the Super Material. I painted the textures in photoshop using photo references. The road texture is made of several asphalt textures I found and stitched together. I also painted in a few more cracks, and created a displacement map from it.

The "sidewalk" texture is also from a photo. I used the displacement map also as density map for the grass, which used the fur tools.

Thank you Ofer. Again, that looks very good :)

• 1 year later...

Great job. I was wondering if you can answer a question on your workflow. When you exported your models from Modo did you export them as objs, Fbx, or Collada? I assume you crested the UVA in Modo and set a base material there too How did you then set up the materials in Houdini?

Thank you?