reflection alpha?

cloudfx

If your environment map has an alpha channel you can use that. Look at the environment VOP and switch it over to RGBA. You should be able to premultiply the same way you would with a normal texture VOP and pipe the alpha from your map into the alpha output.

Your post led me to a bug with the environment VOP. I notice a few parameters turn into "string" type when switching to RGBA when they should be vector4, so you may need to modify the OTL. These settings are easy to change in the input/output tab.

I will notify Sesi about that. It may just be my build (232)

Hi, I got VEX Glass shop and I made reflections(white crack lines) using Environment Map.

post-3325-1222133240.jpg

I am trying to get Alpha of it.

Which way would the correct way to get the alpha from it?

Thank you,

j

Hi Jae Yoo,

Sounds to me you want a matte of the edges right? Separate the edges and the front and back of the glass pieces into separate objects and apply a Constant material onto the edges while setting the front & back as Matte shading under the Render > Shading tab of the object.

The render looks very nice. Did you set up the cracking in Houdini or another package?

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

steven

Hi Jae Yoo,

Sounds to me you want a matte of the edges right? Separate the edges and the front and back of the glass pieces into separate objects and apply a Constant material onto the edges while setting the front & back as Matte shading under the Render > Shading tab of the object.

The render looks very nice. Did you set up the cracking in Houdini or another package?

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

steven

Hi, Thanks for replying.

Yeah, I need a matte of the edges only.

How do I separate the edges and the front and back of the glass pieces into separate objects??

Never done that before.

Which sop should I use for that?

I used blastcode to make the crack lines. I imported it with obj to Houdini.

Thanks,

-j

Hi Jae Yoo,

Check out the Group or Delete SOPs using the Normal tab. Remember to toggle off the Number option so you're only using the Normal option.

Cheers!

steven

That was really helpful.

I just tried with extrude sop to make 3 groups which are side, front , back.

Its working fine too.

but Thanks a lot! :)