procedural shader query

Michael1

Hi, I have made this shader with a procedural noise pattern going across it. However when the object which I apply it to moves, the pattern doesn't move along with it. Is there a way to stop this from happening, so that the pattern on the object is consistent as it moves.

Thankyou

Hi, I have made this shader with a procedural noise pattern going across it. However when the object which I apply it to moves, the pattern doesn't move along with it. Is there a way to stop this from happening, so that the pattern on the object is consistent as it moves.

Thankyou

http://odforce.net/wiki/index.php/RestAttributes

this will help you!

Thanks, although actually I didn't mention that my geometry is a obj file and then an mdd file is applied to this for the movement. Will this still work?

sorry, i haven't ever worked with .mdd files..

i think that there won't be any problems, but you should try..

one way is to export the motion from another program like obj sequence, and then convert it to bgeo..

Which means applying the Rest SOP right after the File SOP before the geometry is deformed by the point cloud with the MDD SOP.

The second half of the problem is to use the Rest Position VOP in your shader nework and use that in place of the global variable P (or whatever it is that you are using for P position).