HOT for H10

Guest xionmark

Are you hitting TAB in the Surface/SOP context ?

Advice - good luck :rolleyes:

Actually look at the recent thread with phong.

-Drew

I sure am. The SOP_Star.dll is located where it's supposed to be, but when I go into a surface and type star, the only thing that shows is Starburst.

Thanks. Took a look at the phong thread, but it didn't help much because I can't even get that far.

When I cd into the scr directory, and then type: .\compile_win64.sh

I get this dialog popping up asking me what program to open compile_win64.sh with.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong yet again.

It looks like Windows doesn't know to associate csh.exe with .sh files.

Try typing csh from the Houdini console just before you launch that script and see if that works.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I was compiling the latest HOT source (for Houdini 10) for a few machines, thought I'd share them.

Versions for Linux, Linux-64, OSX & WIN32-vc7.

Thanks to Drew as always for his hard work!

Take care,

Mark

Is there a link that I'm missing? Would love to get the linux-64 build, as compiling this myself seems daunting, judging by this thread.

Hi Goshone,

I don't have a plan to build binaries for linux for the time being. There are a lot of versions of linux to cater for and it really isn't that hard to compile from scratch.

Please follow the new build and install instructions in the documentation and report back how it went. I'm hoping everything works smoothly.

-Drew

Yeah, I was there, but didn't see any compiles for linux. I thought Mark would have a direct link somewhere in his post, but no such luck. I guess I will have to compile myself, unless anyone on here has one already?? ;)

If not, I will share once I get it working.

Edited by eloop

Hi Goshone,

I don't have a plan to build binaries for linux for the time being. There are a lot of versions of linux to cater for and it really isn't that hard to compile from scratch.

Please follow the new build and install instructions in the documentation and report back how it went. I'm hoping everything works smoothly.

-Drew

so on the last step for compiling on Linux, which is running 'python setup.py bdist', I get the following traceback errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 19, in ?
    paver.tasks.main()
  File "paver-minilib.zip/paver/tasks.py", line 615, in main
  File "paver-minilib.zip/paver/tasks.py", line 595, in _launch_pavement
  File "pavement.py", line 45
    with pushd(path('../docs')):

It seems that either we have a funky flavor of Linux here (which we do of coz) or the python scripts are looking for a directory that isn't there or something. I didn't give much effort into finding the root of the issue at the time, but if anyone has suggestions of how to fix this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Goshone,

Could you run the setup.py command again and send me the entire output. Also, instead of running it with python could you use the houdini "hython" instead. ie

> hython setup.py bdist

Thanks.

-Drew

so on the last step for compiling on Linux, which is running 'python setup.py bdist', I get the following traceback errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 19, in ?
    paver.tasks.main()
  File "paver-minilib.zip/paver/tasks.py", line 615, in main
  File "paver-minilib.zip/paver/tasks.py", line 595, in _launch_pavement
  File "pavement.py", line 45
    with pushd(path('../docs')):

It seems that either we have a funky flavor of Linux here (which we do of coz) or the python scripts are looking for a directory that isn't there or something. I didn't give much effort into finding the root of the issue at the time, but if anyone has suggestions of how to fix this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks