Compiling HOT on win 32-bit Vc8

ihab

Hi,

I'm trying to compile HOT for windows 32-bit vc8. The cygwin shell spits the info shown in the image below but, a "Houdini 10.0" folder gets created in my home directory with an empty dso folder. According to shell there should be 3 dll files in that dso folder but that's not what happens. Does anyone know what would be the cause of this problem?

thanks

%5Battachment=7580:HOT.jpg%5D

post-1035-124929865656_thumb.jpg

Edited by ihab

Hi,

I'm trying to compile HOT for windows 32-bit vc8. The cygwin shell spits the info shown in the image below but, a "Houdini 10.0" folder gets created in my home directory with an empty dso folder. According to shell there should be 3 dll files in that dso folder but that's not what happens. Does anyone know what would be the cause of this problem?

thanks

%5Battachment=7580:HOT.jpg%5D

Anyone ??! I know that HOT seems to be a hot topic right now on the forum but, i thought i'd open a new thread just to make things cleaner.

thanks in advance

Hi Ihab,

Can you first verify that you can compile standard HDK examples successfully, eg SOP_Star.C ?

-Drew

Anyone ??! I know that HOT seems to be a hot topic right now on the forum but, i thought i'd open a new thread just to make things cleaner.

thanks in advance

Hi Ihab,

Can you first verify that you can compile standard HDK examples successfully, eg SOP_Star.C ?

-Drew

Hi Drew,

thanks for creating such a great tool! I tried using hcustom to compile SOP_Star.C and the weird thing is that no errors are reported and the consol says that it created SOP_Star.dll at the $HOME/dso but still the folder is empty!! Pretty weird ??!?!

Thanks

You mean $HOME/houdini10.0/dso ?

Perhaps you need to see HDKFrequentlyAskedQuestions.

-Drew

Hi Drew,

thanks for creating such a great tool! I tried using hcustom to compile SOP_Star.C and the weird thing is that no errors are reported and the consol says that it created SOP_Star.dll at the $HOME/dso but still the folder is empty!! Pretty weird ??!?!

Thanks

You mean $HOME/houdini10.0/dso ?

Perhaps you need to see HDKFrequentlyAskedQuestions.

-Drew

Thanks for the pointer .. turns out the PATH env variable was missing a few folders in the VS installation folder. OK so now i can compile the sample SOP_Star.C and the dll is created in the $HOME/Houdini10.0/dso

However when i try to run the compile_win32.sh i get the following error and only the cleave dll is created ..

post-1035-124947298729_thumb.jpg

See this post

Thanks for the pointer .. turns out the PATH env variable was missing a few folders in the VS installation folder. OK so now i can compile the sample SOP_Star.C and the dll is created in the $HOME/Houdini10.0/dso

However when i try to run the compile_win32.sh i get the following error and only the cleave dll is created ..

post-1035-124947298729_thumb.jpg

This will be fixed in the next release.

-Drew

Alright !! it worked after i commented the #define BZ_THREADSAFE in the ocean.h file. Thank you very much!

ok the dll is created but it doesn't load into houdini. I get the following error for both the ocean sop and the ocean vex Dso

post-1035-124947736629_thumb.jpg

strange because the cleave sop seams to work fine.

Edited by ihab

• 2 weeks later...