On-face controls

abvfx

Ive been reading the Facial Bone thread which talks about clusters (or Houdini's lack of) and im wondering how would i go about rigging my characters, adding blendshapes and then on-face controls.

I would think its possible with the rivet or sticky obj but i dont know if anyone has made it work. Im kinda in the dark about the process, if anyone could shed a little light and steer me in the right direction that would be great.

Damm, that si :). I shoulda known.

Unfortunately i dont have the ability here to compile them for Houdini 11. :(

Maybe i should send him an email. There are alot of good deformers on that site. Thanks Javier.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been looking into the BlendPose Chop, cant say its something easy for me to wrap my head around. Maybe i need to play with the examples more.

Also been looking into the Rivet and Sticky OBJ. Can you just use a simple capture sop with them so when you have blendshapes and the control objects move with the surface you add another layer of deformations? Im kinda looking for a cluster-like control with them but its already been stated that things dont really work that way. No?

• 4 years later...