Cloth with changing point count

Overload

How can I pass geometry into a Cloth sim that uses deforming and changing point counts? On the Cloth Solver there is an option for Support Changing Topology, but not on Cloth Object that brings in the geometry. The help section says to use a SOP Solver, but I'm at a loss on how to hook all that up. Any help or even a tiny example file would be awesome. Thanks!!

you need a multisolver with a cloth solver and a sop solver plugged into it to set it up.

Having said that, I played around with it and it didn't seem to work, I emailed SESI and they say it is a bug. I don't think it is fixed yet ...

If you currently have AUP (access to support and the online bug database) you can email them and ask that they attach your client ID to the particular bug. If you don't then you will just have to wait and hope it shows up in the journal as being fixed. You always can try downloading the latest build and seeing if it works as well.

If you currently have AUP (access to support and the online bug database) you can email them and ask that they attach your client ID to the particular bug. If you don't then you will just have to wait and hope it shows up in the journal as being fixed. You always can try downloading the latest build and seeing if it works as well.

I have access to this bug (ID# 36771) and it says its not fixed. There might be a duplicate of the bug though...