Opensuse 11.2

odcs

As an early adopter of Opensuse latest ditribution, the 11.2, I have problem starting up FIREFOX once the environment is sourced from /opt/hfs10.XXX.

It prompt:

Couldn't load XPCOM.

Has anyone else encounter the same problem?

Hope the linux guru(s) in odforce will give a helping hand ;)

That's an odd one. No, I just installed 11.2, I wouldn't normally fire up FF from the shell(it autostarts for me), but I tried it, and it works fine. Try your error message in google, it seems to indicate it's sourcing a wrong lib somewhere. I wonder - have you verified you've installed the right houdini? I'm running the gcc4.2 64 bit.

Btw, after the disaster that was SUSE 11.1 KDE, this is more like it. I'm loving 11.2 - pretty damned polished.

Cheers,

J.C.

• 3 months later...

Yeah Loving KDE 4 now getting better and better... especially KDE 4.4 nice!

Now I realised my problem, once I "source houdini_setup_bash" and launch firefox from the terminal, the "couldn't load XPCOM" appears.

I have the sourcing in a ".bash_profile" in my home directory, so once it's loaded I can't run Firefox anymore...

Any ideas?

HELP... thankx.

Cheers,

o d c s

That's an odd one. No, I just installed 11.2, I wouldn't normally fire up FF from the shell(it autostarts for me), but I tried it, and it works fine. Try your error message in google, it seems to indicate it's sourcing a wrong lib somewhere. I wonder - have you verified you've installed the right houdini? I'm running the gcc4.2 64 bit.

Btw, after the disaster that was SUSE 11.1 KDE, this is more like it. I'm loving 11.2 - pretty damned polished.

Cheers,

J.C.