How to make the point amount fix in a number

ghang

Hi

I have a object as Picture attach in bellow.

This Head Bone Point number will changing in every frame

sometimes 5001 sometimes 5100 sometimes 5500 sometimes 4500

I would like to know how to make this animate bone fix in a Point number like 5000, so that i can join the muscle node to the point I want. like image call "sendpix1.jpg"

if not, the muscle that refer to point number will jump to the place i don't want it to join for example as the image call "error.jpg" attach bellow

PS: polyreduce SOP & rest position SOP is not the solution

thanks

post-4016-12587226723_thumb.jpg

post-4016-125872278331_thumb.jpg

Edited by ghang

Hi ghang,

I don't know if there is a way to fix the point number without rebuild the geometry.

So, why instead don't you make groups base on bounding boxes around the places where the points you need are and doesn't matter if the points number change inside these groups, you can refer to the groups name and use them inside your muscles?

And if the geometry is animated, you can rig these bounding boxes with your bones.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Emanuele

Hi ghang,

I don't know if there is a way to fix the point number without rebuild the geometry.

So, why instead don't you make groups base on bounding boxes around the places where the points you need are and doesn't matter if the points number change inside these groups, you can refer to the groups name and use them inside your muscles?

And if the geometry is animated, you can rig these bounding boxes with your bones.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Emanuele

===========================================================================

hi , thanks for reply

thanks for your suggest and that is what i am did in this hip files too , bellow is the image that how i did that,but 1 thing is the bone detail i am joining is very detail that mean i need to make a lot of groups! is there didn't have others way? if there is no other way then yeah i will follow your suggestion.

bellow is just attach some image and a hip files.

===========================================================================

I have made a HIP files for this probelm:

the original hip file was too complex to see where is the probelm

so i make a new and simple one refer to the problem i face. bellow is the attachment.

as you see , there is a muscle joining refer to 2 input primitive, and everyframe bcs of the primitive number is different, the muscle is also jumping to another position, i would like the muscle stay in the same position but also reflect by the object changing everyframe.

thanks

HELP.hipnc

post-4016-125872721102_thumb.png

well , this object is very complex and it was my mistake at all , i make it into too much transform and too much link refer to each other, but anyway, looks like the only way to use Emanuele suggestion, i will do that but its really lots of manual work , fine :D

thanks for everyone

You can always add "HOOKS" to your initial data even before you do all the clipping and stuff. This requires you to figure out where your muscle attachment points are to your initial data and not after you transform then slice-and-dice (need to reverse this in the future ;) ). That would be pretty efficient.

You can build/add single points with an Add SOP way up at the top of the chain and put these in to a simple group and bypass the clips merge them back in before the transforms. See the help card on the Add SOP to see how it can be used to extract points from input geometry.

Isolate this group with a Blast down the chain and reference in to these points using Fetch Objects and put your muscles in to separate objects or whatever approach you are using.

You can always add "HOOKS" to your initial data even before you do all the clipping and stuff. This requires you to figure out where your muscle attachment points are to your initial data and not after you transform then slice-and-dice (need to reverse this in the future ;) ). That would be pretty efficient.

You can build/add single points with an Add SOP way up at the top of the chain and put these in to a simple group and bypass the clips merge them back in before the transforms. See the help card on the Add SOP to see how it can be used to extract points from input geometry.

Isolate this group with a Blast down the chain and reference in to these points using Fetch Objects and put your muscles in to separate objects or whatever approach you are using.

wao , this is a really good suggestion, but when i saw this reply i am already done with a very similar way, that is i select the point i wanna hook and make a COPY sop to place a small sphere there and group with COPY SOP (with the Copy node original parameter ) , then make a clip and with different color attribute with POINT sop $CR*0.2, and a partition SOP, is very similiar with your suggest, now everything work fine, but I still want to say thanks to you :D

cheers!

Edited by ghang