Point Cloud Export Vex function in Vop

uferi

Hi Everyone!

The basic idea (as you wil see in the hip) is colorize a simple grid with an animated metaball with attribute transfer, and try to accumulate the color information from the grid into a prescattered pointCloud file.

To test it out I made an attribute called myvalue with an initial value of 0.2 to the pointCloud. Write it out to disk.

In the shader the pciterate loop and the pcimport function seems to work well, because of the appearance of the grey spots at the positions of the pc points. But after comparing the "myvalue" with the luminosity of the shaded pixel, do not exporting the higher value into the pointCloud file. I would expect that -after rendering the sequence- the pc-file containing the updated values than the initial ones, so I could see the "path" of the traveling white circle as the grey points becoming white.

How should I rewire the network to write back data into an existing pc file's special channel?

(btw. I have to solve this in vop, because I have to expand an allready existing shader)

I'm stucked, so any advise will help.

thx

Feripcexport.hip

For this effect, you should try to use the "Sop solver" in Dops instead.

It allows you to keep and the previous state of a piece of geometry and update it on each frame.

What's really good is that you don't need to write any file on disk.

Have a look at "Sop solver" in the help - the "DentingWithPops" example is very good.

hope that helps :)

For this effect, you should try to use the "Sop solver" in Dops instead.

It allows you to keep and the previous state of a piece of geometry and update it on each frame.

What's really good is that you don't need to write any file on disk.

Have a look at "Sop solver" in the help - the "DentingWithPops" example is very good.

hope that helps :)

Thx, but there is no geo in the scene. A displaced grid has the data during render time.

I started a new topic with a much reasonable header and details, so anybody can delete this, who can( -- I don't know how can I)

Feri