Mapping the AutoRig Parts to the Mocap RIg

stass3d

Hi all!

I trying to generate a mocap rig.

Ive a FBX with animation.

When I generating a mocap rig - It works - I get the new asset with the Mocap skeleton within.

But I Don`t understand, how can I make a body Parts mapping.

I found this description on sesi forum:

- Confusing part: Mapping all the parts on the toon character to the skeletal structure. You interactively pick what maps to what bone in the viewport. You can map multiple parts of the rig to the same bone since for example the toon guy has 5 parts to his spine and the dancing guy only has 3. Once done you can save the settings for reuse on similar names skeletons. Load the attached toon_bindings.py file for example.

But I don`t understand how can I "interactively pick". WHich Tool or Mode I need to "pick" the body parts?

Sorry for the dummy question:-)

It can get a little confusing at first but once you have done it a couple of times, you will get it.

In your animation rig (of the auto-rig), click on the animation tab and click "create mocap rig" (or something like that). It may take a second to load but when it is done, you should have a node that is created name "mocap dialog". That is where you interactively pick the bones to what. If you click on the node, you will see that it would be similar to adding mocap to the toon character. There will be options next to every bone that has a "pick" button next to it. That is how you will pick bone to bone. If you are not seeing that when you click "create mocap rig", then something has gone wrong in the process. I have had it happen a couple of times, where the rig was made and was modified a little. If all the paths aren't right for the "mocap dialog" node to read, then it won't work.

Although, I say this and I have not personally tried to use an FBX as the skeleton yet. Maybe someone else can elaborate more on that part?

-Ryan