Procedural Modeling

This probably has a really simple answer, but I'm having a little trouble figuring it out. I'm doing this basic modeling tutorial. About half way down in exercise 3, it tells me to use copy stamping to create the image shown (in the tut).

My guess was that it should be done in a transform SOP, where each copy needs to be rotated in increments of 90 degrees, but Im having trouble doing this. If anyone could give me an explanation, it would be much appreciated. Heres the hip file I've been working on.

Thanks

proc_model.hipnc

Thank you for your help. Did not know about that round expression. Your way is simpler. I actually figured out where I was going wrong. In one of my transforms I had the object offset by -2. Once I put it back to zero, the pattern looked good.

In my way to get each piece rotated to 0 or 90 degrees randomly, I used the stamp function in the switch node, to randomly switch between the 2 variations. I used rand($PT) as the variable value in the copystamping.

2 different ways, same great result. Gotta love proceduralism.

proc_model.hipnc