QuickQuestion- Rbd converting to fluids.

EzequielM

Im gonna start trying to do a really particular effect i have in mind for a project. (see quick sketch for ref) And i would love if someone can point me in the right direction as ive never even played nor worked with particles or fluids.

I have been watching (still some chapters to go) DT introduction to fluids to get a basic understanding, but as this is a really particular and i think tricky thing... here is my question to you.

What would be the best approach to make the floor (let say a street) crack and tear (from an object coming out of it) in a "fluid like manner", with a rbd behavior until the flying cracked asphalt parts hit the floor and "blend again" with it. And the hole in the ground getting filled again.

The main issue here would be having the rbd "hard feeling" when cracking and tearing, and after that the "fluid" feeling. Imagine a tube like wave in the ocean with the tube made up with solid chunks of material/rocks and the ocean itself as the street.

I hope i made myself clear enough, to have some pointers about how would be the best approach, or what not to do.

Thanks in advance!

Here is the quick sketch (really quick) with a ball coming out of the floor.

post-2808-126021913589_thumb.jpg

Edited by EzequielM