Immersive space

Rvb

So first of all:

Objective: Create a immersive space in any way you want (paper, drawing, vector, paint, stop-motion, 3d, film)

Rules: I have to create a virtual world with at least three different rooms (shots). There must be a story behind the Immersive Space and I have to make it animated within flash with the use of buttons and such.

Subject: City

Story: In a large city like New York there is always need for electricity. What would happen it suddenly would disappear? The objective for the user is to find a room where he can put the generator back on.

Scenes:

#1: On top of a skyscraper looking over the city (at day and at night.

#2: Hovering over the city (camera faced down) with topdown view of birds flying.

#3: In a hotelroom with some candles.

#4: Room with a generator.

I will upload the storyboard soon.

Rogier

I am also working with flash. And as far as I know there are only 2 ways getting your 3d stuff into flash. 1. Render it with Mantra and Import the image sequencens (or better .flv) to flash. 2. Work with a 3dflash engine like papervison. Most of those can import collada and other files. You could also export your own .as files via python, but I guess that would be very complicated.

I guess there are lots of more ways of doing things but that are the two I came up whit.

I am also working with flash. And as far as I know there are only 2 ways getting your 3d stuff into flash. 1. Render it with Mantra and Import the image sequencens (or better .flv) to flash. 2. Work with a 3dflash engine like papervison. Most of those can import collada and other files. You could also export your own .as files via python, but I guess that would be very complicated.

I guess there are lots of more ways of doing things but that are the two I came up whit.

My approach is to render it with Mantra and import it in Flash. I haven't looked at all the different methods but right now this is what I have in mind. When I get home I will upload my storyboard and some more information about the project.

I will keep you guys updated!

Rogier

It is a busy week for just for my two weeks of vacation, so I didn't had much time to play with Houdini but today I did had some time :).

I made some changes in the storyline.

#1 The first scene starts with a black screen and you can hear people screaming and elevator falling.

#2 When the person opens his eyes he is faced down in the elevator. And can see some blurry movement of people escaping the elevator.

#3 He gets up and the story begins by getting out of the elevator.

This is the first part I want to create in Houdini.

And this is a test render

post-3200-126098283938_thumb.png

I rendered this image with the following rendersettings:

- BPR

- 3x3 sample filter

- 90 min ray samples

- Rendertime 4/5 minutes

As you might noticed there is still some degree of noise in the image. Is there a way to reduce it even more?

Thanks!

Rogier