More than 4 Inputs in a Subnet

LaidlawFX

Hello,

The short of it... My problem is I need 7 inputs into my subnet and I am only given 4...

The long of it... So I'm creating an asset for an animator friend who doesn't know Houdini to create some trees for a forest. I usually create my assets in subnets before I make otls out of them, so I have a lot of flexibility before I turn it into a digital asset. She has an interesting style made out of paper mache that I am trying to match, where she just needs to create a curve for the 6 leaves and one for the trunk. I've opscripted the subnet node at sop level and it list the inputs, but it does not allow me to add more and source them back in. I've heard of a min max slider that is potentially hidden in there for this, but haven't seen it yet.

Any body else do this? I'm thinking this would happen a lot.

For your curiosity sakes. Here is the test render with one set of trees so far, and the orginal.

post-5070-126101249573_thumb.png

post-5070-12610125954_thumb.jpg

Her is the code as far as I understand

/ -> opscript -r /obj/subnet1/geo1/subnet1

# Automatically generated script: Wednesday December 16, 17:20

\set noalias = 1

set saved_path = `execute("oppwf")`

opcf /obj/subnet1/geo1

# Node subnet1 (Sop/subnet)

opadd -n subnet subnet1

oplocate -x -1.38824 -y -3.24118 subnet1

opspareds "" subnet1

opparm subnet1 label1 ( 'Sub-Network Input #1' ) label2 ( 'Sub-Network Input #2' ) label3 ( 'Sub-Network Input #3' ) label4 ( 'Sub-Network Input #4' )

chlock subnet1 -*

chautoscope subnet1 -*

opcolor -c 0.8 0.8 0.8 subnet1

opset -d off -r off -h off -f off -y off -t off -l off -s off -u off -c off -e on -b off subnet1

opexprlanguage -s hscript subnet1

opcf /obj/subnet1/geo1

opcf $saved_path

/ ->

You can't modify the number of inputs on the Subnetwork operator. If you turn a subnet into an OTL then you can specify the fact you want more than 4 inputs. Other than that there isn't much you can do. You can always use object merges inside your subnet to get the geometry into it as well.

You can't modify the number of inputs on the Subnetwork operator. If you turn a subnet into an OTL then you can specify the fact you want more than 4 inputs. Other than that there isn't much you can do. You can always use object merges inside your subnet to get the geometry into it as well.

Lol, yup that's it. I just realized that 20 minutes after I posted this, after playing with it for five hours. Figures...

Thanks very much for the fast reply.