advect fluid with vectorfield

Nerox

Hi,

I'm trying to manipulate a fluid with a SOPvectorfield. But I can't get it to work.

In the forums I've found this file with a example of 3 volumes with noise applied to them, driving points in DOPs. I do understand how the approach works and I've managed to create my own volumes which form the base of the force. But the need thing is, that I can't get it to work on a particle fluid.

I think I have to use a applydata DOP so the velocity from the field is applied to the fluid particles. I've tried every combination I could think of, but houdini complains about wrong input types or nothing happens.

Any idea's?

My idea is to create 3 volumes in sops which form the vector field. This allow one to create a force field which make a fluid flow(explode) away in a artistic way.

Edited by Nerox

Something like this?

Yes! Exactly like that :-D. You made my day, thanks dude.

In booth examples I was so close to this. I didn't know I had to use a fieldforce to apply it after the fluid solver, or add a gas advect to get it to work with a apply data on the fluidobject.

Again, tnx mate.

Nick