Fluid opacity?

JaydenDP

Hi there,

Just something Im struggling with here, Im using the billowy smoke shader for my smoke fluid simulation, but I would like to base my opacity on the shader based on the "AGE" of the fluid?

The shader has options to effect opacity based on Temperature, heat, density etc. etc.

But does anyone know about getting AGE or any relative fluid term for age to be used there?

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Thanks

Jay

Ahh okay, Thanks for the reply.

Im trying that now, adding an opacity ramp to the material using the heat field, it seems to work but not very well unfortunately. Maybe I'm using it wrong? it need to be clamped quite heavily and the smoke right at the source is still visible...

I'll keep trying with it though.

Thanks again for the help.

Jay

Yeah, thanks for the hip. I had the same setup with the heat, using the source. The problem is I'm trying to hide the smoke while it travels, and then become visible, and while I can lessen the opacity with the heat field, it still leaves an outline of visible smoke as there is a small amount on the outside of the volume with zero heat. So making the source emission slightly visible.

Any other ways of going about making smoke invisible until a certain life/age, the heat works but as I said, there's outlines that are virtually impossible to get rid of as far as I can tell....

Thanks again for the responses chumbuk.

Cheers

Jay