selecting bones for editing capture regions

hughspeers

Hello all I'm extremely new to houdini's character rigging so my apologies for the pedestrian question,

I'm using the autorig tools and trying to alter the different capture regions before I animate my character.

I made an auto rig and brought in my geometry.

I've then pressed the create rig button, which creates the animation and deform rigs.

I go to 'skin' node within the biped deform rig and switch the display flag on the capture bones node so I can edit the capture regions without

deforming the geometry.

This I can do with spine bones head neck shoulders and arm bones.

But for some reason I can't edit the leg foot and hand bones in the display , I have to resort to altering them in the deform regions parameters for each of them.

Is there a way of activating them for editing in the display?

Thanks

John

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I go to 'skin' node within the biped deform rig and switch the display flag on the capture bones node so I can edit the capture regions without

deforming the geometry.

this might be a little late for a reply but why do you want to edit the capture regions of the bones, wouldn't it be easier to jump inside the skin node and adjust the weights in the paint weights tool. there is a fairly comprehensive video about this on the side fx website for rigging quadrapeds, its the same procedure with bipeds in autorigging. check it out.

but if you have to work with tools in the view port they are usually selected by going to the appropriate node and pressing the enter key in the view port. sometimes I have to press enter a couple times to enter the tool. hope that helps.

Edited by cargoyle
  • Like 1