problem with breaking

Omy

Hi im tryin to apply a break and tryin to keep the inside surface..but the geometry goes weird. I dont know why.Could anyone tell me the solution for it.I have attached the file below

is ther a bug in houdini break node??

i done one test just by

clickin a grid in shelf and applyin break and then by creating geometry node and creating a grid inside that and applying break for that.The former dint work and had weird extrusions outside,but the latter worked.Is that a houdini bug or wat is the actual problem??

The break and shatter tools are probably not the best solution for fracture although they do work... sometimes. Look for the John Lynch Voronoi Fracture OTL in the DOPS forum. I've also seen a lot of people doing cookies for fractures or hand modeling it. I would suggest to go with the Voronoi fracture OTL because it is really easy to use and extremely directable because you can input your own seed points at necessary locations.

Jason

The break and shatter tools are probably not the best solution for fracture although they do work... sometimes. Look for the John Lynch Voronoi Fracture OTL in the DOPS forum. I've also seen a lot of people doing cookies for fractures or hand modeling it. I would suggest to go with the Voronoi fracture OTL because it is really easy to use and extremely directable because you can input your own seed points at necessary locations.

Jason

ya but if u want to select a particular portion of the model u want to do shattering. then how do u go for tat. wat i alwys do is that. i select frm a break portion in break node and go for voronoi after tat.. that way i find very handy

ya but if u want to select a particular portion of the model u want to do shattering. then how do u go for tat. wat i alwys do is that. i select frm a break portion in break node and go for voronoi after tat.. that way i find very handy

In that case you can use the old school method of using the cookie SOP to split the geometry in the portions that you want. After that, then you can use the voronoi fracture OTL by johner that mightcouldb1 mentioned to the pieces that you want.

-Ryan