Translucent Ticket

Guest Swann

Hello masters,

I want to make translucent material for this ticket.

frontsb.jpg

backui.jpg

If you light it from behind you should see black pass and hologram blocking light and causing more color darkening in areas where they are and when light is in front you should see normal texture without any bleeding from behind. The same goes for back face when you light ticked from front.

Problem is that I don't know how to pick when it should block light when it's on back and when it's on front and leave normal texture on light side ?

Below you can find HIP file with scene I use now and textures.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Or maybe somebody have example of translucent material that uses different textures on both sides that I can look ?

Bilet.rar

Edited by SWANN

OK. I'v made photoshop simulation what I want to achieve. As you can see when light is on front on back you see front texture shining through but the place where is hologram and black pass are not influenced. While light is on back and you look on front you see hologram and black pass causing more color darkering where they are on fornt texture. How to make this effect ?

86542004.jpg

Hey anim, thanks for interest.

Well, when two light are on it's almost OK. Try it with one light (let say backLight) and render back. What you will see is no sine of back texture only front texture going through. Attached picture shows this scenario (left) vs front and back lights ON(right).

post-3552-126625065748_thumb.jpg

Edited by SWANN

Maybe something like this?

Ticket_mgm.hipnc

post-148-126634861833_thumb.jpg

I discarded your "front mask" layer because whether I interpret it as "opacity" or "translucency" it doesn't result in the images you posted as your "intended result". Instead, the shader interprets your "back mask" as a translucency mask for both sides, which seems to be the interpretation you're going for. If that's not the case, then change the indexing of the map array.

Have a look at the shader (VEX) for other comments.

Also look at the ROPs for all the AOV layers.

HTH,

Cheers.