Lag intersection problem.

Hello all,

I have created an intersection between an object and a moving object. The moving object pushes the surface up to give the appearance that it is coming out of the ground. I like the effect, but since I am using a bounding source to group points that are soft transformed, as a point leaves the group, I get a popping effect in my transformation.

I wanted to use a lag CHOP to smooth the effect of the points leaving the group instead of them changing so abruptly. I thought that I'd have to use the animated method instead of static method in my geometry CHOP but the cook time becomes ridiculous and I get odd results. There is a switch at the bottom of the network to see before and after the chops effect. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason

intersectionProblem.hip

Edited by mightcouldb1

Ah thanks anim! For some reason I was getting weird transformations when using the magnet SOP. I see that you turned off a few parameters in the copy SOP and that seemed to do it for me.

I am still interested in finding how to make those points lag if anyone can help me out with that. :)

Jason