Merging Points/Vertex

Kaora

Hi new Houdini user migrating from Maya, I have combined 2 mesh's and am now stitching up some vertex's to fill a hole, I used the Boolean command to combine the objects as this seemed to build a single node for the two objects. Now im trying to fill the hole/void between the combined objects. In geometry modeI have selected the 2 vertex to combine using the Fuse command merges them to the vertex selected first, Is there a way to Merge to Center? otherwise I have to keep remembering to select from one side first.

Thanks

Guest Swann

Attached file is a little expanded fuse node that gives you ability to fuee quickly in center. Standard node also can do this but first you have to place one fuseSOP and use snapTAP to snap in the middle and then fuse it with another fuseSOP. This OTL is just exactly this scenario but packed into Digital Asset so you don't have to lose time for placing two nodes. Place it in you Houdini OTL folder and Houdini will pick it up automatically. I suggest also to look into help and learn about DigitalAssets.

Cheers.

extended_fuse.otl