import sop attributes into dop

imoh3n

hi all.

I have created a default smoke emitter. as you know houdini creates a setsourcevelocity node and there is a velocity parameter in this node which can we use for the direction of emitting, now I want to tell houdini to emit particles along the geometry normals.

what should I do?

hi all.

I have created a default smoke emitter. as you know houdini creates a setsourcevelocity node and there is a velocity parameter in this node which can we use for the direction of emitting, now I want to tell houdini to emit particles along the geometry normals.

what should I do?

The Gas Particle To Field DOP is what you're looking for. Off the top of my head, I'd say you need to create a sopgeo node to grab your points, then a GasParticleToField to transfer the point velocity attribute into your vector field.. Then you plug that in to the velocity adjustment stage of the smokesolver.

The attached file was done in 10.5 but should work in 10.

Check out the GasParticleToField DOP. Notice I've set calculate type to 'Add' because you want to add the particle velocity to the velocity already in the sim.

simpleGasParticleToField.hip