Merge All option?

I'm restoring a bunch of old subnets that have 400 dangling transform sops and none of them are merged. I'd like to connect all the xform sops into one merge sop that I can display from. Is there a merge all technique for this? I've exhausted my useless bag of tricks--never needed to do a merge all until now. Any tips before I look at hou.Node and travel down that path?

There's a couple ways you could do it I suppose.

One way would be to have a general tool that merged all your selected nodes together automatically for you, the other a more one off scripting approach.

For the scripting approach you could do something like this:

def mergeXforms(container):
    xform_nodes = [child for child in container.children() if child.type() == hou.nodeType(hou.sopNodeTypeCategory(), "xform")]

merge = container.createNode("merge")

for xform in xform_nodes:
        if len(xform.outputs()) is 0:
            merge.setNextInput(xform)

merge.setRenderFlag(True)
    merge.setDisplayFlag(True)
    merge.moveToGoodPosition()

I've also attached a tool I wrote a while ago that handles easy merging of selected nodes in all contexts except OBJ and VOPs. Just select some nodes and run the tool. It should merge them together.

net_automerge.shelf

you can just select all the xform sops, either manually or by network editor's "Find Node..." button to search/select the xform nodes. Once selected, wire the output of 1 of the selected nodes into a merge sop. That will wire all the selected nodes into your merge.