Spawning Objects for Fluid Volumes

ikarus

The basic idea is that I want to have a fluid sim in which randomly generated volumes of fluid are created and fall into a pool at the bottom

I initially tried used a pop net to spawn points over time on a grid which would then hav a primitive copied to them so that the fluid box could have a geometry to source fluid from, but the new geometry created after the initial frame aren't accounted for when entering the fluid container.

is there a way to have the fluid container evaluate the new geometry (after the initial frame) and use as a source for fluid?

When dealing with volumes you can add density, velocity etc by adding your own custom fields and adding their values to the existing container.

For doing something similar with SPH I think you will need a popsolver and a multisolver as you are updating the pop geometry over time.

The basic idea is that I want to have a fluid sim in which randomly generated volumes of fluid are created and fall into a pool at the bottom

I initially tried used a pop net to spawn points over time on a grid which would then hav a primitive copied to them so that the fluid box could have a geometry to source fluid from, but the new geometry created after the initial frame aren't accounted for when entering the fluid container.

is there a way to have the fluid container evaluate the new geometry (after the initial frame) and use as a source for fluid?

since you are using words like fluid container, i assume you are talking about volume fluids

if you have emitter set up with Source From Objects shelf tool, or in similar fashion the the only thing you need to do is check Use Deforming Geometry for source object in DOPs to evaluate it every timestep

Edited by anim