Two or more objects in a smoke sim

hopbin9

Hi,

I'm having trouble figuring out how to add two or more objects to a single DOP network. For example, if I create two spheres, select both and click "Fireball". It only creates the DOP for the first sphere. If I select the second sphere and click "Fireball" it creates a new DOP network.

I hope this isn't to much of a nob question, but I don't know what to do to add the second sphere.

Edited by hopbin9

Ok, sorry. I did figure that out.

I added the second sphere to the geom network and used a merge to send it to the DOP.

I should clarify why I wanted two spheres. I want the second sphere to emit smoke at a different frame then the first, and for a shorter duration. If I want to do that then does it have to be a different DOP network?

Ok, sorry. I did figure that out.

I added the second sphere to the geom network and used a merge to send it to the DOP.

I should clarify why I wanted two spheres. I want the second sphere to emit smoke at a different frame then the first, and for a shorter duration. If I want to do that then does it have to be a different DOP network?

Something like this?

2Sources.hip

Something like this?

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

I think I understand everything in the setup except for the "Source Relationship" nodes in the DOP. I don't understand what the "Affected Objects" and "Affector Objects" parameters do. I assume the spheres are Affector objects, but why is "Affected Objects" set to 2 and "Affector Objects" is 0 for the first node, and `dopobjscreatedby("/obj/AutoDopNetwork/sphere_object1")` is set in the second node.

I think I understand what the dopobjscreatedby expression does, but why is it used here in this context.

Thanks so much for you help. This stuff is new to me.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

I think I understand everything in the setup except for the "Source Relationship" nodes in the DOP. I don't understand what the "Affected Objects" and "Affector Objects" parameters do. I assume the spheres are Affector objects, but why is "Affected Objects" set to 2 and "Affector Objects" is 0 for the first node, and `dopobjscreatedby("/obj/AutoDopNetwork/sphere_object1")` is set in the second node.

I think I understand what the dopobjscreatedby expression does, but why is it used here in this context.

Thanks so much for you help. This stuff is new to me.

The numbers are objid. You might aswell write smoke in the Affected Objects, or sphere_object... in the Affector object parameters.

You can find the objid in the details view.

In the second relationship node the expression is expanded. Click on the parameter name to collapse it, showing 1.

If I may ask a question. What would you do if there were a large amount of objects that were sources. Say there were 50 objects. It would seem kind of tedious to create all those source nodes. Is there a faster way? What if you wanted to emit from particles?