initial state for low-res/up-res fluid

Witt

Is it possible to use initial state on low-res simulation, then up-res this fluid?

Or is it possible to start up-res simulation at any frame, not at very beginning?

I'm trying to cache low-res simulation to "sim" files, and use any sim-file as initial state for low-res.

Then bake low-res to bgeo and use baked files for up-res simulation.

But up-res simulation start from the very beginning, ignoring the lowres baked simulation.

• 4 weeks later...

I am also wondering this. I haven't found an answer yet, so if anybody knows, please write it :-).

Thanks

//anders

Is it possible to use initial state on low-res simulation, then up-res this fluid?

Or is it possible to start up-res simulation at any frame, not at very beginning?

I'm trying to cache low-res simulation to "sim" files, and use any sim-file as initial state for low-res.

Then bake low-res to bgeo and use baked files for up-res simulation.

But up-res simulation start from the very beginning, ignoring the lowres baked simulation.

• 2 weeks later...

as far as i know, all you really need to do is ROP out the density, velocity, and temperature fields on the SOP level on your initial state frame, then just reimport them to the scene and set the initial density/etc to those files

if you want to do it on the dop level just make a ROP dop, render out ur frame and set it as frame 01 in the file name and set the Explicit Cache on the dop parms to that file so it reads that on the first frame

Edited by ikarus